Spiga

What nobody tells you...

I wanted to share my story to help others that are in the same situation that I was until 9 years ago.

This picture was taken at the peak of the worst moments, when I decided that from now something must change.

After seeing my picture then, and comparing to the way you see me today, you can see that there is a solution. I don't know what you heard and read so far.

I will tell you from my experience what worked for me. Just to make sure, I am telling you that I am not a doctor and I don't have any interest in telling you my story other than feeling and knowing how you feel and knowing that there is a solution to obtain beautiful smooth skin.

Since I can remember myself, I always had pimples and acne. It started when I was around 11 and it lasted forever. I always wanted to be pretty and there is nothing more important for a girl than to feel and look pretty.

Besides the actual pain that acne inflict in the skin sometimes, there is the pain in the heart – seeing all the beautiful girls with their smooth skin and thinking all time – why I am not like that....

Anyways, I will try to explain what I did as easy and clear as possible. Please know that my battle is a daily battle. I cannot move from my way even a bit. Even a little single mistake and there I have a proof on my face of what I did.

So, after visiting many beauticians over the years, going through many hurting treatments, taking all different kinds of medications– creams, antibiotic, liquids and what not, I got to a point (as you see in the picture) when I decided that I don't have to accept what doctors and beauticians tell me. The picture was taken at a time when I was using a common prescription cream for Rosacea and the doctor told me that there is nothing she can give me because "I am using the best thing in the market" I will find my solution – whatever it takes.

And I started reading about the subject. Every book I read has references in the end for other books and so I borrow from the library as many as I could and read them all. The most important ones that made the change were:

Fats that Heal and Fats that Kill by Udo Erasmus – He explains how fat that we consume works in the body. It has a lot of chemistry explanation which is very boring and you can skip it. It is good to read it to understand how the different kind of fat that we eat influences our skin.

And also the book The Tao of Health Sex and Longevity by Daniel Reid

(From the book: These skin conditions are caused mainly by excessive putrefactive waste matter in the body's excretory channels, and extreme acidosis of blood due to accumulation of toxic wastes; when wastes are retained and the colon is clogged, the body purges toxins through the skin and lungs, where these toxins cause abscesses, tumors, inflammation and eruptions...." and he continues " Foods to avoid: deep fat fried foods; refined starch and sugar; hydrogenated fats; cooked fatty meats, especially hamburgers on white buns; hot peppers; chocolate.")

In short I will explain:

I believe you understand the metabolism – everything we eat must go out in some way.

We have a few systems that clean our body – the one everybody knows – going to the restroom, another one is the lungs – the body tries to get rid of the antibodies with the help of the mucus and also we have the glands of sweat – people that eat a lot of spicy food – their sweat smells bad. Also and the most important for us (me) is the skin. The skin is one of the major cleaning systems in our body. Whatever we eat and our body cannot metabolize normally (i.e. restroom) will go out from our skin. Period. No other way. So – Let see what we do that goes out from our skin.

As you will read on that book – some people have all kind of allergies. Some people (like me) have a weird allergy – in a way – nobody will tell you it is an allergy – too much money involved – the manufacturers, the doctors, refineries, factories of food and more.

To make the story short – it is hydrogenated fat and partially hydrogenated fat that does it. Converting the natural state of fats. The normal molecular structure of the fat is the culprit! Also margarine, mayonnaise, different dressings, butter, and heating the oils to high temperatures (above 180 degrees – which automatically means avoiding fried foods!)

Think- oil – olive oil – how it is made?

There are the olives and the seeds. The olives are pressed with huge pressers and the oil comes out. This is great oil – it is like fresh orange juice. It is very very healthy and our body needs it. For what? - Our cells are made like a balloon. The outer part is like a little bag and the inner part is the one with all the information and DNA. The outer balloon of the cell is made of fat. That is it. And it will be made from the fats that we eat. Good fat – good outer cells for us. Bad fat – bad outer cells for us.

Manufacturers don't use olive oil. For many reasons, and the main one is – price. So after many trials they figured a way to reduce the price, keep the items longer on the shelf and the taste is not so strong – using hydrogenated fat and partially hydrogenated fat. If you check the labels of cakes, cookies, cereal (even candy) ice cream, breads, and many many baked goods you can see it is listed under the ingredients – Careful! For us it is poison.

You can bake at home anything – replacing the shortening – butter or margarine with oil. Any vegetable oil is better than margarine, butter and shortening. You get almost the same results (not so much with cookies) and definitely not frying – the high temperature of the oil breaks down the molecules and we cannot metabolize that.

I am not trying to tell you what to eat or what not. I am explaining to you how our body reacts to these types of fats. Everybody says trans fats are not good. But I don't think many people know really why. And if you think that other people are not "allergic" to these type of fats because their skin looks good – don't you worry – their body is reacting to it as well with other type of problems, that come out from the same product – gastrointestinal diseases, different types of rashes, cancer, asthma and more. So in a way we are lucky because we don't have to wait until we are very sick.

I know that it sounds terrible – really taking all the fun out of life – no cakes? No cookies? No pizza? When I decided to change the appearance of my skin, I thought that I will not be able to eat anything. But think about it. You go into the supermarket. There are thousands of products. Do you eat everything there? I knew it. No. So now it is just a matter of learning to eat new stuff. And also we can choose to eat fresh stuff, which is much better for us.

The change doesn't happen overnight. It is a long road to walk. Because when letting the body take its course, the natural cleaning process of our cells takes about 7-9 months so you don't see results right away. You can see a great improvement, but to me it took 2 years to have my face completely clear. I had faith and perseverance.

After a while, when you see improvement, you can test what other things that include fat are not good for you. – What type of dairy products trigger it, any specific fatty meats, what type of cooking make your skin worse.

You see, I am not giving you any medication. This is only a way of life and the choices you make.

I will give you an example of the foods you can eat: all the fruits, all the vegetables, all the grains, nuts in very measured quantity (they contain fat).

After you decide to make the change in the nutrition you will need more books about nutrition and you can find hundreds of them in the library. You need to look for healthy eating, nutrition and health, healthy cooking, vegetarian cooking and the like.

You will learn a lot and it will make a big change in your life.

You have nothing to loose.

For the meantime to take care I will recommend to you to replace the pillow cover each day, have a special towel for your face and replace it every day (the best is to dry your face with paper towels) and when you need a soap to wash your face use the Nitrogena for acne soap.

It is all in your hands.

If I decide to eat Chinese food – it is the worst for me. The only way it is good for me is only if I cook it at home.

The chocolate is the same thing – not good. – You could substitute it with carob powder (you can get it in health food stores) – it has a little after taste – after all it is not real chocolate, but you could use it for cakes and cookies made at home.

I wish you good luck from all my heart!

If you have any questions, or want me to help you in any way – you can e-mail me and ask me anytime, and I will try to help you in any way I can.


Ruth

0 comments: