Spiga

Rosacea - It really is about watching what you eat.



Reaching the state with my face so it will look clean and with a normal color without any blemishes or association with Rosacea, took me about 2 years. I wasn't sure I really wanted to embark in such a commitment. I was living "FDA approved"!!! To give you an example I will give you a list of my daily food consumption. For breakfast I had coffee with some bread and cottage cheese, some jelly or cereal (the sweet kind) with milk, and that's it. I liked to keep my body lean so I always chose the "diet" foods (those without calories and without any nutrition in them (unless it had some artificial enforcement!). I ate crackers, cookies, cakes, very limited amount of fresh foods, for lunch I had chicken or meat, I liked to cook Chinese food - stir fried. I had a lot of different dishes of pasta with sauces and ground beef. I drank a lot of soda - the diet kind. I loved it! I used to make for dinner all kind of heavy Mediterranean dishes with spices and flavorful meats, white rice and a lot of fried choices. Cakes and more cakes, ice cream for desserts, any kind, especially with nuts and chocolate. MMM... Just thinking about all this...

And during all this time I was treating my rosacea in the conventional way - using topical creams under the prescription of my doctor. I was willing to do everything. I reached a point that I was so depressed and ashamed of my look, I felt very sorry for myself. I thought every body is looking at my terrible face and I couldn't understand how people actually talk to me. How can they look at me? And my husband, so patient, so supportive... He was helping me with whatever new "idea" I read or heard about my Rosacea.

And then one day I met one of my neighbors that used to do acupuncture for living and he gave me that book that I mentioned (the Tao... way of life book) and he told me to stop using any medication and just go for it.

After much thought (which it really wasn't necessary because my face was yelling at me from the mirror) I decided to follow the rules of the book by the letter.

I stopped eating anything processed. ANYTHING! If something I wanted to buy, had in the list of ingredients a name that I couldn't pronounce or that I suspected that it was laboratory manufactured - I didn't eat that. Period. After reading the book, and actually understanding that my body is one unit and not - face separate, hands separate and so on, I realize that I was poisoned and my body was throwing up from all my pores!

I understood that Rosacea is like a check engine light lit in the dash board of the car. What I used to do with the medication, actually was removing the little bulb so the light wouldn't come on, instead of taking care of the problem. I was poisoned. Beside of Rosacea I had also Candida and nothing in my body was functioning right.

So I decided to take baby steps.

First of all I eliminated any dairy (including any kind of cheese, creamers, ice-cream, milk) and cow products. I realize after reading the book that cow products are not human friendly.
Eating meat was causing me being constipated and it didn't help me to my well being. I felt bloated and heavy. My body needed to be clean inside and outside. And the milk products - well they are made for little calves. ( And how a cottage cheese can last in the refrigerator for almost 3 weeks?)

So I made sure to eliminate that.

Also I stopped drinking soda - especially that kind of soda from the machine with ice. Because I knew I had Candida - these machines are full of mildew (especially in the ice) and in the nozzles, and I actually was drinking for my fun a glass full of mildew to help my Candida flourish!

I must say - it wasn't easy to stop drinking soda. I was addicted to it. I loved it...

Also I read that people with Rosacea have very little hydrochloric acid in their stomach so I needed any little acid I had in my stomach to use it for digestion of my foods before it moved on to the intestines and not to dilute this acid with the soda.

Removing these items was already hard for me. But I didn't see much improvement yet. One big improvement I saw was - I was full of energy. I wasn't as tired as I used to be and I really felt like if I removed a heavy house from my back!

It was hard to start the day. What will be my breakfast now? I love coffee, but without milk or cream it is not the same. So I stopped drinking coffee - and by wonders - my high blood pressure also went down!

I had to move all my food around to a new system!

After reading the book about the fats "Fats that heal and fats that kill" (which I read because the book about Rosacea from Arlen Brownstein and Donna Shoemaker mention the problem of metabolizing fats by people that have Rosacea) I realized what is hydrogenated fat. SOME ITEMS ARE MARKED THAT THEY DON'T CONTAIN TRANS FAT BUT THEY CONTAIN HYDROGENATED FATS.
It is bad, bad, bad for us. It is like eating rubber. It is badddddddddd!!!!!!!!

So I stopped eating that. And let me tell you - this was the hardest! When you go to buy food from the supermarket and you look in the list of ingredients of any item for hydrogenated fats - EVERYTHING contains hydrogenated fat.


But I made my decision and so I removed that from my daily consumption. This was what really made the change! I removed anything processed from my daily diet.

My face started to look clearer, but it took about 2 years to reach the point were my face was not red anymore.

Today, I am a new person. My face is clear, I am full of energy, I have normal bowel movements and I know my rosacea is under control. I didn't heal. It is just under control. I have to stay away from all these products as if I am allergic to them. Which this is what I would have done if I was allergic to hydrogenated fat, or cow products.

0 comments: