Spiga

So what is it that helps me?

Hi Ruth, I was so amazed to see your recovery - you look fantastic! I too have Rosacea (ocular as well) and have been on low-dose antibiotics forever and I've had enough! Could you please give me a little more information regarding the diet you used to help your skin heal? Perhaps a typical day of eating? Did you take any supplements? Any and all information you could give me would be enormously appreciated!!! Thank you so much, Take care, ...



Hello ...,


First I must say - I didn't heal.
It is an every single meal battle!
If I move from it a bit - the same day I start having the same problems again. So I must tell you - I am not selling anything like other people do. I really want to offer my sincere help - after having going through it myself.
Please read the books - The Tao of health ... and - Fat that Heals...In the books it is explained very easy to understand how our body functions as one unit, and a terrible skin disorder in the face is not a face problem. (It is like we have smoke coming out of the
exhaust of the car and instead of checking the engine, we close the pipe with a lid so we don't see the smoke). Rosacea is like a check engine light turned on. We cannot remove the bulb of the check engine light and say every thing is ok. There is a much serious problem here.

To make it short - people that suffer from Rosacea (which actually this is a side effect of a different condition) have a very porous lining of the intestines and the colon. If we don't keep ourselves clean inside - it comes out from the skin.



Daniel Reid writes in his book The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity about digestion:

“...Anyone should be able to figure out what therefore happens when you ingest protein and starch together. Acid and alkaline juices are secreted simultaneously in response to the incoming protein and starch, promptly neutralizing one another and leaving a weak, watery solution in the stomach that digests neither protein nor starch properly. Instead, the proteins putrefy and the starches ferment owing to the constant presence of bacteria in the digestive tract.


This putrefaction and fermentation are the primary cause of all sorts of digestive distress, including gas, heartburn, cramps, bloating, constipation, foul stools, bleeding piles, colitis, and so forth. Many so-called “allergies” are also the direct result of improper food combinations: the bloodstream picks up toxins from the putrefied, fermented mess as it passes slowly through the intestines, and these toxins in turn cause rashes, hives, headaches, nausea and other symptoms commonly branded as “allergies”...

... The final fact of the matter is this: when you immobilize your stomach and impair digestive functions by consuming foods in indiscriminate combinations, the bacteria in your alimentary canal have a field day. They get all the nutrients and thrive, while you get all the wastes and suffer.
According to a recent survey in America, the average American male today carries about 5 pounds of undigested, putrefied red meat in his gut. Leave 5 pounds of meat in a dark, warm, moist place for a few days and see for yourself the results of putrefaction. The severely septic condition of the human intestinal tracts is unique in nature, yet Western physicians take it for granted and even insist that it is harmless to the rest of the system.

In fact, however, in order to protect itself from the chronic toxic irritation of improperly combined meals, the colon secretes large quantities of mucus to entrap toxic particles before they damage the colon’s sensitive lining. When this occurs at every meal, every day, every week, throughout the year – as is quite typical in modern Western diets – the colon ends up secreting a constant stream of mucus, which accumulates and gets impacted in the folds of the colon. This results in a narrowing of the passage through the colon and a constant seeping of toxins into the bloodstream by osmosis. When the impacting of toxic mucus in the colon reaches a critical pressure, it causes a pocket to balloon outward through the colon lining, causing a condition called diverticulitis. Colitis and cancer are the next stages of colon deterioration caused by these conditions.”


Also from this book:

“...These skin conditions are caused mainly by excessive putrefactive waste matter in the body’s excretory channels, and extreme acidosis of blood due to accumulation of toxic wastes; when wastes are retained and the colon is clogged, the body purges toxins through the skin and lungs, where these toxins cause abscesses, tumors, inflammation and eruptions. Also due specifically to poor metabolism of fats.”


So:
This is a partial list of what I don't eat:
- No cow products in any form (meat, dairy or even byproducts hidden in cereals) - it is very hard to digest and it becomes putrid in our intestines.

- No hydrogenated fat!!!!!!!!!! This is the hardest because when I look at the labels in the store almost everything contains hydrogenated fat. (So no butter, no ice cream, no margarine, no mayonnaise, no readymade dressings, and of course - check the labels of cakes, cookies, bread and every single baked product in the planet!)

- No "diet foods" - they contain artificial additives - when there is a word I don't understand - it is probably manufactured.

-No fried food.

-No chocolate.

-Be very careful in restaurants (the only one I trust is Sweet Tomatoes)


-Spices - very limited - some kind of peppers are very harsh on my skin - No sugar (the sugars cause to the food to ferment in our intestines)

- No alcoholic drinks -I don’t expose my face to the sun.


Besides this - I eat everything else. As much fresh as possible. As much raw as possible.


As you see, apparently, what I was doing before I started this way of life wasn't helping me.
The easiest is to think fresh - fresh foods.

A sample of my daily diet:


My breakfast:

Grated carrots with orange juice (a whole bowl- maybe 3-4 carrots) 1 spoon of sesame seeds and flax seeds powdered with a coffee grinder to a powder (for calcium instead of the milk) Green tea, - sometimes toast (check the bread for dairy or hydrogenated fat) with avocado
.



My lunch:

Fresh salad (without any kind of cheese), a baked potato (no butter or sour cream of course) Sometimes soups (I make sure to cook every thing myself to make sure no hidden ingredients are in the pot!) vegetable soup, lentil soup, I add couscous, brown rice, some very little chicken (without the skin - it is FAT! = not good), sometimes pasta (improvise with the sauce - raw tomatoes, onions and garlic), fish - great on the grill (like salmon). and fresh fruits all throughout the day when I feel hungry. Eggs (hard boiled).



Try warm toasted everything bagel with some olive oil. Some times I bake some cookies or banana breads and I substitute the shortening with canola oil.


And really if you want some more, just take a book from the library about cooking vegetarian or vegan.
Improvise, but the most important thing to remember is not to try to imitate cow products with tofu or stuff like that - it doesn't taste good and you feel sorry for yourself.

The peaches are in season now and they smell and look so great!


What happens with antibiotics is that it kills the bacteria in our body - the good and the bad. I had it too and it caused me terrible yeast infections.


Regarding supplements: As you see, because I don't eat so many things, I have to be constantly aware of what I eat. If you have enough fresh food and consider proteins, vitamins and minerals - the real fresh food has it all. It was created that way. It was designed to have it all. I make sure to combine grains, seeds, fruits, and olive oil.


Again, It didn't happen overnight. It took me almost two years to have a clean face. I will not trade it for any egg roll or dove chocolate!


Do what I did -I told my husband to take that awful picture the day I was willing to do everything to change my appearance and I posted it in front of the refrigerator. It was enough! And slowly I started seeing improvement.

Please, read that books. It will help you a lot.

Wishing you a great journey...



Ruth
P.S.

If you are interested I can send you some easy recipes.

0 comments: